Friday, January 13, 2006

Never a Dull moment on the ventures to Wal-mart

So I ran out today to pick-up the meds to stop the voices, and I am amazed at the shit I see at Wal-mart. So to start off in the parking lot as I am walking in I hear "beep, beep" So I shuffle along assuming someone is trying to get me out of the way. Well this was not the case. I turn around to witness a lady getting out of her car (she was blocking in another lady) to yell at at lady who had just parked. "HEY THAT WAS MY SPOT DID YOU NOT SEE MY BLINKER???"
Other lady "No I didn't. It's too bad" And she continues to get her kids out of the car. I can only envision in my own mind what went on after that but I guess it probably got nasty.
See this is not the first time I have witnessed this at Wal-mart I have been witness to this on quite a few occasions and it always confuses me!
Is a parking spot that important that it is worth an exchange words about? If these people are bitter and angry about a parking spot how bitter are they in there own lives. To curse and swear at a complete stranger with you children watching? ( these ladies did not swear but I have seen it with a lady and a mini van full of kids)You have no idea who your screaming at? Maybe they really had no idea they took "your" spot. (not usually the case but you get the picture)
It just confuses me.
So I pick up my persciption put it beside my purse in the baby thing and pick up the items that I need (this will come into play later)
There is a lady that is doing samples of Red Bull (yummy) and she's got an open case of it sitting on the floor. Well this lady comes by and takes a sample. Then I suppose she decides that it was really good and helps herself to a full one from the case. Sample lady spins around and says "hey, its samples only you can not have a full one!"
Crazy thief lady " You are not going to miss just one" and proceeds to walk away.
Anyone in earshot just stands there stunned. What could she really do?
I had to laugh out loud, sometimes things people do amuse me like crazy.
I proceed about my shopping experience and head over to the isle with the scales. The one I had has been thrown away after about 10 years. I swore it was broken and then it really broke. I was in the other day to check them out and I was trying them out to see if they work.(no I am not in denial about my weight, its just sometimes they are really not a great scale) For instance one of them said I weighed 97 pounds. YEAH RIGHT. So the scales are right next to the toy isle and there is a kid lying on the floor screaming at his dad. And when I say screaming, it was crazy screaming! Dad just walked away it was comedy. ( for those of you with children I have so much respect and admiration for your daily lives)
So I stand in line waiting to check out and the lady in front of me is putting items up to be paid for. Funny thing was every second item she was putting on the shelf in front of the cashier because she changed her mind. She ran out of room so she stacked a few things on top of the potato chips.
The cashier noticed and said "it would be easier for us if you just hand what you do not want to me, that way I can get someone to put it away".
Lady just stares at her like a deer in headlights adds a few more things to the top of the "go back" pile and proceeds to check out.
My turn, I only have a few items so I place them on the belt and walk up to the cashier, she laughs in the direction of the lady leaving and rolls her eyes.
She totals my amount and then looks at me funny?
Cashier " Would you like to put your prescription in a bag?"
Me " Oh, no thanks I'm ok"
Cashier " Are you sure it will only take a second"
Me "Oh thanks its good here in my purse"
Cashier who seems irritated this time "Umm well I am going to have to ask that you pay for your prescription then?"
Me "Huh? Oh here I thought I had paid for it at the pharmacy?"
Cashier while she examines the bag " Oh I am so sorry its just that we have people steal prescriptions all the time and I noticed there was not a receipt attached to the bag that's why I was trying to get it from you. I am sorry for thinking you were going to steal it"
We laughed. She when went on to tell me some stories about people stealing. She tells me that people will (right in front of her) Reach into the cooler, open a coke, drink the coke and when she asks for it to scan they tell her they came into the store with it. Well if they do this they have to let them go?? WHAT?
Confuses me too.
Oh and the voices think its crazy too.

No comments:

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010