Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Well today was my day off and I decided to go shopping, well with the impending girls trip to Vegas and California and the fact that I have lost some weight and had no "real" summer stuff I ventured out to spend the day by myself shopping.
It was BEAUTIFUL out and sunny and a balmy 78 degrees hot enough to put the top down but seeing how my ass/body has not seen sun in MONTHS I voted not to put the top down seeing how I would have burnt to a crisp!
Anyways busy shopping and work calls. Usually on my days off and being that I was 40 miles from home I actually picked up the call. Turns out the general manager thinks I am awesome.
How do I know this? Well they asked me if I would "play manager" for them a couple nights a week in stead of serving. WOW, WOW, WOW. I am not being promoted to manager or anything they just think I am so fabulous and I have such a great attitude (***snickers***) when I come into work that they (ALL 4 of them) thought it would be a great fit for me.
See they want me to "work the room" so to speak a couple nights a week to promote outstanding service and to give coaching feedback.
TOTALLY up my ally. And I am stoked. How cool is that??
The other news you have to wait for. Yep because I am cruel like that, hopefully it will be BETTER news than above.
And I got this in an email today... tee hee
Monday, April 28, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese? Ugg.. moldy cheese I do not think so!!
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? NO!!!!!
3. Do you own a gun? No, but I know how to use one. I was an Army Cadet after all (I was 15)
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic? Cherry Limeade.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor Appointments? Yes, partly because needles and mostly because they never have anything good to say!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I am severely allergic to hot dogs. But occasionally I will eat a corn dog just because!!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown Christmas.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water.
9. Can you do pushups? If I tried, maybe I could do a few. I would make you laugh at the try though.
10. Age? 30
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding and engagement ring. The Hubby really put thought into it. My grandma told me it was bad luck to take off the band after it had been blessed and I still have never taken it off... going on 5 years. I take off the diamond engagement ring to clean it. But never the band.
12. Favorite hobby? Shopping for shoes.
13. Favorite Actor? Humm I will come back to this...
14. Do you have A.D.D.? Yes and no... Is that something shinny???
15. What's one trait you hate about yourself? My extra poundage!
16. Middle name? Leona Mary
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
1. How am I going to hide the new shoes?
2. I love the man I married.
3. I love my dog who is snuggling me right as I type this.. ohhh I even got a kiss..
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
2. Mini Muffins
3. Gas... I SPENT $39.81 to fill my tank!!
19. Name three drinks you regularly drink? Water, Water and sometimes Raspberry Lemonade
20. Current worry? Losing 10 pounds in 19 days (days till Vegas)
21. Current hate right now? My blog template. I do not like it anymore!
22. Favorite place to be? With the hubs and Daisy.. Or in Canada with friends and family.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Sleeping
24. Where would you like to go? Paris, Turks and Caicos, Caribbean, Greece, Italy, London.
25. Name three people who will complete this? Not sure but I LOVE these things so I hope someone will do it
26. Do you own slippers? Just bought my first pair on clearance for $.97 they are warm fuzzy black.
27. What shirt are you wearing? Purple PJ top with penguins that says "Your igloo or mine?"
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No cause all the blankets end up on the floor!
29. Can you whistle? No. Its a curse
30. Favorite color? Purple, but pink is a close second.
31. Would you be a pirate? Ah…NO
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower.
33. Favorite girl's name? Taylor
34. Favorite boy's name? Dade
35. What is in your pocket right now? No pockets in my Pj's
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Daisy when we were sharing a milkshake. I love that dog!
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Strawberry Shortcake. I still sleep with my blanket. Serious.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Breaking my neck in a freak work accident 4 years ago.
39. Do you love where you live? Ummm. No. I like the people but the shopping SUCKS!
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
41. Who is your loudest friend? Salinna (my bestest friend I LOVE that girl)
42. How many dogs do you have? One Chihuahua named "Daisy"
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Naaahhhhh!
44. What is your favorite book? Oh I can only pick one? How about authors. James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Prouloch,
45. Where were you born? Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
46. What is your favorite candy? Cherry Blasters, Sour patch kids, and Jelly Bellies
47. Favorite Sports Team? Dodgers.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Who thinks about that?...not like I will be able to listen to it.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? 'CRAPP…it’s Monday'
Sunday, April 27, 2008
There are rules for said little excursion.
) Write your own six word memoir.
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Here goes My Random Musings 6 word memoir:
Always look for the good moments.
Ones that did not make it.... tee hee
Give of yourself more each day.
Did you see that bitches shoes?
I could pull those shoes off!
Having shoes makes me happy dance!!
Ok so I am tagging Patty, Whim, Magnolia, Fighting Through and Vi and anyone else who wants to do it.. I thought it was actually a cool meme!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
And you need to go back on your medication. Serious. It is not ok to be 79 degrees on Wednesday AND THEN SNOW ON SUNDAY!!! (opps its only Saturday my bad)
I feel like I am living in the twilight zone. Serious.
Also its is SUPPOSED to be open toe shoe season VERY soon.. If you keep pulling this shit I may never get to wear all my open toe shoes.
A very Concern
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Daisy also sort of mops around although she certainly is treated with lots of walks and treats.
Its so funny I should take a video of home excited she gets to go outside, you would think we kept her locked in a cage.. Actually I am going to take that video for all your viewing enjoyment....
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Ok so I was walking into Ross to see if they had recieved any more FABULOUS shoes in for my Vegas trip (the key is to check every couple of days for the best selection) I was actually not even there for me, I was there for Melissa who is my best friends sister who spotted a pair of my shoes that she HAD TO HAVE (I swear I rub off on them) These are them... But I could not find them in her size seeing how its been a while since I got them....
Aren't they pretty!!!
Anyways I am walking across the street and this guy comes out with 1 kid under his arm and 2 3-4 year olds with those little leash things on their backs? You know the ones you see at Disney land? Anyways, both kids come running across the street, obviously without looking and dad races in one direction after one and I go running after the other. This is a busy parking lot and once I catch the kid I usher him back to his dad.
Not so much as a thank you.
He threw all 3 kids in the van and drove off. UNRESTRAINED, yep just threw them in while screaming at them.
Anyways into Ross I went and I came out empty handed and off to Target to get doggie treats AND THAT SAME GUY WITH KIDS RUNNING A MUCK was letting them run through the streets at Target.
TAKE YOUR KIDS HOME ITS OBVIOUS you can not handle them!!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Today was a good day, after getting called into work and then when I got there someone else wanted the shift so I happily obliged to leave and spent the day with Daisy.
We had a nice long walk and then I met up with a friend for dinner, being the good doggy mommy that I am I even saved half of my steak for Daisy.
Sounds weird I know, but lets face it she is a bit spoiled and I kinda felt quilty after spending the day with her to just shaft her so steak it was.
And She LOVED it, gobbled it up in a few bites. She looked so cute eating it she is now laying in a food comma at my feet while I type this.
I have no idea what I did when we did not have a dog... I love her to bits!
After dinner we hit up the mall for some shopping, although I did not find anything in my hunt for cute outfits for Vegas my friend did.
Its funny how some things surprise you sometimes. Lets call this friend Kat. Well because its not her real name and I like to mix it up like that.
Me and a friend believe it or not met her at a bar. We were sitting there drinking and she was joking around with a friend doing the Save The Last Dance, Dance? You know the one where she is sitting on the chair rocking back and forth? No? Anyways her friend does not get the joke but I see her and seeing how I knew what she was doing I did the next move.
Well she almost fell out of her chair that I got it and we started talking. Turns out we have a lot in common (More than just the shoes too!!) Kat was the friend I went out with tonight, we did dinner, some shopping then we went to her house to watch Juno. I LOVE IT, I cried and I laughed it really was a great movie.
What surprises me though is that connection I feel with her. Its been a long time since I have "made a new friend" if that does not sound too weird. But not a new acquaintance an actual friend, someone I can be my goofy self around and shes just as goofy. She LOVES shoes to, but shes really laid back and no drama which is really cool with me!
Its refreshing to meet someone that although we have only been out a few times I feel like I can really call her a friend.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Last night was a funny night at work, 3 people from the office I previously worked in came in for dinner. I could tell by the look from one of them and the "short" conversation that she looked down on me for working in a restaurant. I smiled and laughed about it, I mean I did not come to work here for your FRIGGIN approval, one of the other girls that I was rather close with came in and we talked for over an hour it was great to get caught up. I told her to MAKE SURE she tells my old boss that she ran into me waiting tables so my ex-manager can REALLY feel the sting....lol She even said I looked happier and I agreed that I was.... I mean working back in a restaurant has brought me back to my roots, I am happy where I am, I make more money than I did working for that troll and I work less hours... I actually just turned down a full time position with the state (yes I know crazy) because I am not sure I want to go back to the 9-5..
I am happy at work and its been a long time since I have said that....
Shes going to email me the reaction...
Monday, April 14, 2008
1. What did I EVER do without DVR. Serious. I have no idea. Its so bad that I even WAIT for shows to be over to watch them only for the sole purpose of fast forwarding the commercials.
2. I am SO excited about all the new movies coming out. Baby Mama, Maid of Honor,
Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Iron Man. I know, I know, one of these things just does not belong there....I have weird tastes what can I say? Oh and Juno is out on Video tomorrow how exciting is that.. And NO I have not seen it yet
3. My girls trip to Vegas is fast approaching and I NEED to get serious about this bikini thing, that or its going to look pretty fabulous on someone OTHER than me..... Anyone know where I could get a cute one piece? Snow suit maybe?
4. I am sick. Like green boogies, coughing and hacking sick. But the good news is the weather has FINALLY made up its mind and its getting nice out. That and I have managed to get sick on my days off which is GREAT news that way I am not missing any work. Its the stupid weather change crap that made me sick. Damn mother nature.
And I am trying to send GOOD thoughts to Matt. They lost the baby. I held him for a bit while he cried at work and tried to put a good spin on it. Her body was not ready for a child. Now they have time for her to finish high school, him finish college they have many YEARS to have babies, I told him it was in Gods hands, if you believe or not it was gods choice to not bring that baby into this world. The baby was not ready. They are not ready. There is nothing you can really say to console someone who has lost a child and my heart aches for their loss, but knowing also in my heart that she is ONLY 15 and him 19 that god has other plans for them right now......
Ok WAY back when I found a book at a yard sale I think and I remember posting about bookcrossing.com?
So I have thought of my "contest" lets say. Its easy to enter all you need to do is email me your home address and I will send you one of my favorite books that I will hand select from my collection!!!
All I ask that you do is when you receive my book that you read it and re-release it back into the wild. I love this site and I try to leave books I have read all over the place and I thought this was a really great way to get my books out!!! Not to mention the husband will love that I am thinning out my collection..... Until garage sale season again is upon us...lol
What do you think? Ok email me at email@example.com and I will send you a book!!
How cool is that.. Is it the best "contest" EVER??? Oh and Patty, Princess, T-Girl and Whim I have the BEST books for you!!! ; )
So leave a comment.. spread the word... I have LOTS of books.. How cool is that... Book Karma anyone??? ** Oh I know the picture does not look like "lots" of books but trust me when I say I have BOXES of books not pictured!!**
Saturday, April 12, 2008
I had another job interview for a full time position back in an office that I declined. Call me crazy because I think I may be just a little bit but I called the lady and advised her I was not ready to go back full time to an office. I am happy where I am, I am making more money than I did working my 9-5 and I am not ready for office politics again.
I have been working on the shoe blog...lol
Things are good right now. I am in a good place, the snow is finally going away and its starting to get a little warmer out, I just took Daisy on a nice long walk and she LOVED it....
Thursday, April 10, 2008
NOT WHERE I LIVE!!! This is the sight that I woke up to this morning.. yep had to dig the car out IN APRIL!!! Mother nature hates me. I think she is laughing at me because my first year in California on Christmas morning I joked that "I could get used to this" because there was no snow and it was sunny and warm. In fact I called my family from the balcony in a T-shirt and shorts.... Serves me right I guess......
In other news. Daisy is wearing orange today for April 10th for The American Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.... Did you and your Animals wear orange today?
Daisy loves my blog as you can tell....
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
I do not know what to do with myself. Today I figure I will not even shower. I got called in yesterday and I stayed at work for 30 minutes. It was snowing BAD so needless to say no one wanted to come in for dinner.
Today I have :
1. Worked on my links
2. Worked out.
3. Walked the dog, its a little chilly out but she LOVED it.
4. Walked Daisy again.
5. Checked websites about Vegas.
6. Watched LOTS of daytime TV. I LOVE this new show called Bringing Baby home on TLC, these new parents bring thier newborns home and they ate taped for the first 36 hours. I cried I am not going to lie. But I had to change the channel because of this one mom that's voice was SO HIGH pitched it drove me crazy.
I am bored probably because the hubby is not home and is in Baltimore so I do not have much to do with myself.
Ok y'all I need some help too. Ms Alfreds mom is past her due date and needs all your thoughts and prayers to go into labor. So please send your love her way.. go check her out. She is as big as a house (sorry) lol..
As we all know ASPCA is The American Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
To find out more please click this link (As I am not sophisticated enough for you to be able to click the banner)
So will you and your pets wear Orange for ASPCA Day? If you remember Daisys Story about how badley abused and tortured she was when we found her you will know this is a cause close to my heart.
YEAH for Orange day!!! Stay tuned for pictures!!
Monday, April 07, 2008
I was just trying to get it to not look so ugly!!!
AND NOW THEY ARE ALL GONE!!!!! ALL OF THEM!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FIND ALL OF THOSE GREAT BLOGS????
Ok Y'all before I have a fit, those who do not comment who KNOW that I read you, please comment so I can re-link you..... PUUUULLLLEAASSE!!!
**banging head against wall!!!** AND NO I DID NOT SAVE A COPY OR HAVE A BACKUP BECAUSE... well I never thought I would be stupid enough to delete everything... So ummm yeah lesson learned.....
So if you do not see your link over there **points to side bar** Please leave a comment so I can re-link you. (Only took 2 1/2 hours of going through old comments!!!)
Oh and Punk Rock Mom? Yeah it will not let me "search you" for your link from your comments so please leave your link in comments.... And Boobless Brigade.. I am worried hun and I am not invited so I can not get your link either....
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Make sense? Nope not to me either, just that WHATEVER happened I no longer have a cute blog... So I am shopping around. I am also working on my "Shoe blog" which I am VERY excited about, when the new digs are open I will have y'all come by and throw up at how many pairs of shoes I have.
In other news. I AM PISSED at a girlfriend of mine right now and I just can not let it go. Ok give me your opinions.
We went out to the bar, there were 3 of us, We drank had a good time and agreed that we would take a cab home because it was OBVIOUS none of us were going to be in the condition to drive. Anyways, night goes on, dancing, drinking and then BITCH LEFT US AT THE BAR!!! The 3rd girl that went totally uped without saying anything to anyone and left.
In all my years of parting I HAVE NEVER left a friend at the bar. 1. Without saying something 2. Without making sure all parties had a SAFE way home 3. SHE WAS WAY TO DRUNK TO DRIVE but did it anyways. She had all of 2nd girls house keys, money ect in her purse so not only did she SHAFT at the bar we had to go to her house to get 2nd girls stuff.
If this was the first time this happened I would not have such a big issue, but this time was HUGE, 1. She drove drunk. Like REALLY drunk. 2. This is not the first time. 3. The bar is the size of my bathroom and SHE NEVER came to find us on the dance floor. 4. She never called to say she left. 5. She could have been drugged and dragged off but because this was not the first time I "knew" she just left.
I am so pissed! It just really bugs me because I am the type of person and if you are my friend you KNOW that I would sit outside that bar until all the lights were out and the bar staff was LEAVING before I left without EVERYONE I came with..... Also the first (and second) time this happened I MADE SURE to express my concerns with my friend about how angry I was. I mean the first time SHE LEFT ME ALONE!!! BY MY FUCKING SELF in a bar, in a strange town with no one else in the place that I knew. Second time she left for a boy but I knew people there.
And then this time. And I know I am quick to forgive but not this time.
Oh and I changed my Facebook status to Random is PISSED!!!
And now hers says Girl 3 is feeling bad...i was a bad friend last night...
I am so upset and disappointed that I can not even see straight
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Anyways. I still have not been replaced. Nope, not even interviews. Interesting? No? I thought so. So it just goes to show that my guts were true to me once more.....
OK WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY BLOG??? I was hoping it would re-appear? Too much to ask for... I am about to cry now.... WHAT HAPPENED?? I have not changed anything or anything.....
Now I need 2 new blog skins.. Anyone recommend anyone????? HELP!!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
So needless to say there will be less blogging and MORE gym time in the next six weeks. She is too skinny and my boobs are WAY bigger so we will see when I try it on.. which will not be for another couple of weeks because I do not feel much like crying. I ordered one a few years ago and it was perfect. Because its a string bikini it should fit perfect.
And its PURPLE!!! From Victoria Secret and only $19 how cool is that. You can not even get a cute one at Target for that!!!
SOOO looking forward to this girls trip!!!