Sunday, December 31, 2006
I am so bad. Went to the mall today, and if it was not going to close at 6pm I would have probably come home with more shoes. The SALES ARE CRAZY. I am not kidding, I think I may go back and get a pair of these for Sal because lets face it when you find a pair of $129.00 Nine West boots on sale with tax included and they cost $17.89 thats A GREAT deal. Jessica got some great ones too, i'll have to post them.
I love getting deals on shoes it makes me so happy.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I hope you have a safe and happy night!! I will be dancing the night away in these bad boys because they are B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Sorry its they are so blurry I am not sure why it happened like that. This was a cool little palm tree. And without the flash its hard to tell those are plam trees. Oh well I tried...lol.
The bottom picture is of a really interesting neighbor the sign says something about hell and death. Serious. In between the cross.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Life is good.
On a not so funny note. And I can not believe I am going to tell you all this (actually I can I have not shame) so the other day I went to the bathroom and my poop was BLACK. Serious. So I immediatley think worst case senario and I am going to die. I look back one more time just to make sure. Yep its black. So I RUN to the computer to pull up WebMD.com
and in my haste (because I am dying you know) I type in black poop, all I got was a thing for parents when there babies poop changes color, I rack my brain for the proper word and I type it in only to learn
It is important to visit your health professional when stools are black, tarry, or mixed with blood that is bright red or dark red. Talk with your doctor any time you have new rectal bleeding or notice blood on your stools. Your health professional may recommend screening tests to rule out a more serious problem, such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), colorectal cancer, or diverticulosis. There are easy tests you can get from your health professional to check for even very small amounts of blood in your stool.
And I AM FREAKING OUT!!! Because you know I went to read all the diseases thinking that must be it, I am almost in tears I have left messages with everyone I know to call me right away! Then I scroll down a little on the page only to read
Some foods and medicines can also change the look of the stool. If you take bismuth subsalicylate, such as Pepto-Bismol, or iron tablets, your stool may look black, and if you eat lots of beets, your stool may turn red.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
A corporate attorney sent the following out to the employees in his company.
1. The next time you order checks have only your initials (instead of first name) and last name put on them. If someone takes your checkbook,they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials or your first name, but your bank will know how you sign your checks.
2. Do not sign the back of your credit cards. Instead, put "PHOTO ID REQUIRED."
3. When you are writing checks to pay on your credit card accounts, DO NOT put the complete account number on the "For" line. Instead, just put the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the rest of the number, and anyone who might be handling your check as it passes through all the check-processing channels will not have access to it.
4. Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone. If you have a PO Box, use that instead of your home address. If you do not have a PO Box, use your work address. Never have your SS# printed on your checks, (DUH!). You can add it if it is necessary. However, if you have it printed, anyone can get it.
5. Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine. Do both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you had in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to call and cancel. Keep the photocopy in a safe place. Also carry a photocopy of your passport when traveling either here or abroad. We have all heard horror stories about fraud that is committed on us in stealing a name, address, Social Security number, credit cards.
6. When you check out of a hotel that uses cards for keys (and they all seem to do that now), do not turn the "keys" in. Take them with you and destroy them. Those little cards have on them all of the information you gave the hotel, including address and credit card numbers and expiration dates. Someone with a card reader, or employee of the hotel, can access all that information with no problem whatsoever.
Unfortunately, as an attorney, I have first hand knowledge because my wallet was stolen last month. Within a week, the thieves ordered an expensive monthly cell phone package, applied for a VISA credit card, had a credit line approved to buy a Gateway computer and received a PIN number from DMV to change my driving record information online. Here is some critical information to limit the damage in case this happens to you or someone you know:
1. We have been told we should cancel our credit cards immediately. The key is having the toll free numbers and your card numbers handy so you know whom to call. Keep those where you can find them.
2. File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where your credit cards, etc., were stolen. This proves to credit providers you
were diligent, and this is a first step toward an investigation (if there ever is one). However, here is what is perhaps most important of all (I never even thought to do this.)
3. Call the three national credit reporting organizations immediately to place a fraud alert on your name and Social Security number. I had never heard of doing that until advised by a bank that called to tell me an application for credit was made over the Internet in my name. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen, and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit. By the time I was advised to do this, almost two weeks after the theft, all the damage had been done. There are records of all the credit checks initiated by the thieves' purchases, none of which I knew about before placing the alert. Since then, no additional damage has been done, and the thieves threw my wallet away this weekend (someone
turned it in). It seems to have stopped them dead in their tracks.
Now, here are the numbers you always need to contact about your wallet and contents being stolen:
1.) Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
2.) Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
3.) TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
4.) Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1-800-269-0271
Ok number 6 really surprised me. Serious. Having had my own wallet stolen YEARS ago I can so relate to this letter. Not to mention when you realize its been stolen trying to remember what the hell credit cards you had in your wallet at the time. Yeah fun times
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
I thought this would make people at home jealous. Really look at all that green grass, ha ha and the lawn is all done up. Jess and I were driving through a neighborhood and I pulled over to take some pictures. See how they even put fake snow on top of it? Its cute I think.
OH and its BEEN COLD here!! Serious I have been so spoiled but the other day I had ICE on my window!! 3 years I have NEVER seen ice here in California. Its been a bit cold but we are finally back to 73 degrees. Its nice.
Oh and I have been meaning to drive around (actually I may do that tonight) to get pictures of decorated palm trees.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
I love this holiday. Jessica and I have been shopping for the last 2 days. The malls have been crazy but there are some really great sales going on.
We are doing the traditional Christmas eve diner tomorrow night. Yep we go to TGIF. Yeah me the hubby and the BIL, and Jessica are going for dinner. We have done it for the last 3 years so its a bit of a tradition (this is the first year for Jess cause shes not going home and is alone)...
We were at the mall yesterday and we were walking behind a police officer, because the malls we SO busy we were stuck behind him so I say loud enough for him to hear me "Come on, Jess lets go shop lift in this store!" Jessica was worried we were going to get arrested, we were both in stitches the cop just laughed and waved... It does not take much to amuse me some times.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Not that kind of caught!! (sickos..lol)
SO funny, so I am at work, its a few days before a 4 day weekend. I am
Thinking I am being pretty smart and working through most of my tasks Quickly and efficiently and I am about to reward myself with a little post or maybe a sneak peak at some blogs.
THIS ATTEMPT WILL BE LOGGED TO THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR AS WELL AS ALL FUTURE ATTEMPTS!!
So I sit there thinking that someone from IT is about to come down and slap me on the wrist for my wrong doing. I should just confess. I have issues. I must blog daily. I must read blogs daily, if I do not I will be really sick. Or something will happen to someone and I will not be there to give my opinion or advice and I LOVE the comments and I love to comment (even if you do not want to here it) Mental note to self **no blogging at work** So about this picture...
So about this picture...
Yep those are my feet. And yes that’s an adult onesie!! ha ha
Laugh all you want but I love my full feet pj's, they are just like the ones your babies wear. My hubby always laughs when I wear them and calls me a little kid. And its been SO friggin cold here!!
True story about the onesie: Not this one I have a pink one too (yes I HAVE 2) I loved it so much I bought matching ones for my friends last time I went home and I have the pictures to prove it.
What strange confessions do you have? Do you have an adult onesie? Ha ha I am a freak I know this....
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
So in the Christmas spirit, red shoes and green shoes. Oh and in my defense about my shoe "thing" I NEVER pay full price for shoes. EVER! And if I have to have them I wait till they go on sale (they always go on sale) And I only buy them IF I LOVE THEM! Serious, I am very picky when it comes to shoes. I am not saying they have to be practical because it is clear many of my shoes were only made to "look good" but you know after a few drinks who can tell?
Ha ha, I know like it seems like I have a lot and compared to some people I do. I even made My new friend Jess buy 2 sexy pairs of heels, I almost pouted when she also purchased what I like to call "Grandma" shoes. Or you know practical shoes.
I have compiled a list why I love shoes.
1. They never make me feel fat.
2. No matter what a cute shoe can cheer me up.
3. I LOVE to get compliments when I sport some cute shoes, I think maybe that's why I do it. I ALWAYS get compliments on my shoes. I think really the only reason they comment is because they are really thinking "Shit this girl is CRAZY teetering around in those things, she gonna break her freaking neck"
4. THEY ARE SO MUCH FUN TO SHOP FOR!!! There is a great pleasure in finding the BEST shoes in my size and on sale. Nothing beats it. (well nothing really but we are taking ONLY about shoes right?)
Monday, December 18, 2006
And things I have been up to!
*I have been busy shopping...tee hee More shoe pictures to come, ha ha
I asked the hubby what he was getting me for Christmas and he told me
to go buy some shoes..lol Serious. So needless to say I did, that same
day, I bought 2 pairs. (and he says I am hard to shop for)
*I spent the weekend with all the rest of America in the malls shopping
for deals. I do not shop very often and when I have been given a
specific task to shop for shoes then it gets serious.
*I think I may switch. To blogger Beta. Only because its been giving me
SO MUCH TROUBLE and all the other kids are doing it so its gotta be a
good idea right? I have heard its messed up some peoples templates and
now that mine is all pretty I am not sure I want to, and then theres the
issue of being an individual SOOO we will see.
*I am getting REALLY excited for my trip back to Canada in May!! WEEHOO
*I am also starting back at the gym. My work schdual has changed and
now if I do not leave my house earlier I end up in traffic for over an
hour, so I would rather spend that hour in the gym by leaving earlier.
*I need a hair cut. I think I will go short again, maybe a "bob"
*I am working on getting some pictures together for you all to see me.
(I know exciting stuff) But its time I may try this new thing called
365 where you post a picture of yourself everyday. I think it will be
cool because I can see all my weight progress. But then I am shy and I am
not sure if I will let all you guys see. I may just keep it for myself.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
* Go to bank- Check
* Switch cell phones- Long Story but no check
* Mail care package- 12 lbs Care package is in the mail
* Re-print CD and mail to cousin (with pictures from when she was here)- need to wait till someone more computer savy than me gets home to burn CD
* Try NOT to buy shoes- Tried on shoes and did not purchase
* Figure out what to get the hubby- He says I am hard to shop for (yeah right)
* Find organizers for shoes- Did not want to enter Walmart hell or Target hell today
Thursday, December 14, 2006
All you traders that have switch WILL NOT LET ME COMMENT.
I feel like the kid in the corner eating paste, I see it all going on, I want to join in the fun but blogger will not let me!!
Now what do I do when I can not comment on peoples blogs? Do I turn my blog in to a "look for your comments" blog.
Shit. And I thought it was just the other day, then yesterday, and TODAY TOO!! BETTA SUCKS ASS!!
sniff sniff..i'll just sit here and sulk. See I love getting comments, and I love to comment and now that has been taking away.... Bastards
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
I wonder if its normal. You know, to take pictures at ones shoes, so as the world can admire them as you do?
And then having dreams about shoes when your template is being made and someone who knows you ONLY from ready this blog and has never spoken words to you in person, does a design that is so fitting?
And you get picky because some of the shoes in the background are ugly? lol Serious people I have issues.
Oh and to add to my issues I explained to the hubby how much weight I want to lose by May for my trip home and he has said "Babe, i'll tell you what. For a little motivation if you lose "the amount I want to lose" weight you can go shopping and buy whatever you want including shoes for your trip and I will not say anything about it"
HOWS THAT FOR SOME MOTIVATION!!
Oh and I think I am going to start naming them, you know how when you buy shoes they always have fun names with some of the brands?
What do you think of these 2?? I know I always get honest answers from y'all.
But for me its a hard thing to do, especially since I just started.
Oh well I will get over it I guess I am just hoping this cold/flu/congested head will break tonight so I can go in tomorrow. And if not at least I have many movies to watch at home.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Just wait hes doing my Photoblog too!!! I am so spoiled!!!
Stay tunned we will be tweaking it a bit here and there.
Actually email sent to Shane while he was in the mist of creating my blogs for me. (oh and just to add about my psychic abilities I had a dream the blog he did for me had shoes on it, but he was already done and thats the theme he used. Weird?)
This is what I sent to him
"I LOVE IT . But some of the shoes are ugly..lol Can we change it?"
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Me "Wow, look I do have a cute red purse"
Him "Shit babe, you have so much shoes and purses you can not even keep track of all of it"
Me **Blink, Bats eyelashes and smiles**
A few minutes later
Him " I need new clothes. Its been forever since I have bought anything new, all these shirts are SO old"
Me "Yeah, you do need some new stuff, maybe we should go shopping and get us some new stuff"
Him ** blinks looks around overflowing closet shaking head*** "Yeah right you need more clothes"
Me "Well at least some more shoes"
Friday, December 08, 2006
Oh my god y'all Is doing a drive to collect 300 teddy bears to take to her local childrens hospital for Christmas. Please go visit her to donate. Or you can even send bears yourself!! Her address is posted. I know its tight this time of year but how much really is a Teddy? Or you can just donate cold hard cash!!
Thursday, December 07, 2006
• A-Available/Single? Nope married (sorry boys lol)
• B-Best Friend? Salinna and my sister
• C-Cake or Pie? BOTH!! (I can pick both right?)
• D-Drink Of Choice? Malibu rum with pineapple juice..oh regular drink. Water.
• E-Essential Item You Use Everyday? My toothbrush.
• F-Favorite Color? Purple. Or Pink.
• G-Gummy Bears Or Worms? BOTH!! Ha ha I love my candy.
• H-Hometown? Thunder bay Ontario, Canada
• I-Indulgence? Shoes! Shoes and more shoes.. oh and books too.
• J-January Or February? February because that means its going to get warmer (sort of a mute point living here in Cali)
• K-Kids & Their Names? N/A (for the time being)
• L-Life Is Incomplete Without? My hubby, oh and email.
• M-Marriage Date? August 23rd
• N-Number Of Siblings? 4, 2 older brothers and a younger brother and sister.. I am the middle child.** smiles**
O-Oranges Or Apples? Apples.
P-Phobias/Fears? Feet. No really. People who do that disgusting sniffing thing where they clean there throats and make all the nose...ugg just writing that gives me gibbies!! Ugg GROSS
• Q-Favorite Quote? I don't know. Maybe "Friends are the angels that pick us up when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly" There are a bunch I love that ones just off the top.
• R-Reason to Smile? My friends and family.. I am always laughing with the hubby.
• S-Season? Summer
• T-Tag Three People? Ha ha Ok Snarky, Anne, and Joie.
• U-Unknown Fact About Me? I have 15 lip glosses in my purse.
• V-Vegetable you don't like? I don't think I have found it yet. I like most veggies.
• W-Worst Habit? Talking too much... WAY too much... (ha ha I stole T-girls) Oh and I can be really emotional.
• X-X-rays You've Had? Back, neck, about 100 times.
• Y-Your Favorite Food? Indian, then Thai. Any food really. (you don't get an ass like this not liking food!)
Z-Zodiac Sign? Libra (yeah I am balanced...lol)
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Well for me anyways. This is my place. My love, it makes my heart skip a beat even when I just think about it. Is it not B.E.A.U.T.F.U.L??
Yes this is the place I dream about, the place that was put here for me.
AHH shoes.. do you see that picture? Do you see how BIG this place is? Do you see the 3 levels of shoes ALL OVER THE PLACE??? The place is HEAVEN and to make it even better (if that is at all possible) they have TONNES of sales racks, where you take a min of an extra 30%-80% off the already reduced price....
Yeah I looked like a freak taking pictures with a flash so you could all see the most prettiest place EVER.
Ahhh just blogging about it makes me happy! So now do you understand? Do you understand that when you have places to shop like this that you would have to have issues? Do you see all the pretty shoes? Does it make a little more sense now?
Ha ha.. yeah I know
(Oh and I bought new shoes, yes I know its a problem)
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Well I still drink with the best of them. Jess and I went out last night and had a blast!! We only went to this little pool hall that was a bit of a dive and we were the youngest people there but we made the best of it.
It was so much fun, we did a few shooters drank a couple of drinks. Made fun of the ladies dancing with visions of "thats us in 20 years" And we laughed! My goodness we laughed. It was such a nice night. We even shot some pool. The first game we did good and sort of looked like we new what we were doing, but the second game... yeah lets just say all the pretty balls just bounced all over the place....
My body was SORE this morning and it took me a little longer to get outta bed but it was worth it.
The last time I laughed like that I was on the phone with Salinna and I was laughing so hard I was crying and the hubby came to see if I was ok I was so giggly.
Pictures to come
Friday, December 01, 2006
So my friend Jessica got mugged the other night.
Well not really but yes really
She was sitting in her car listening to music and this guy comes to her door with a screwdriver and tells her hes going to stab her give him her money.
She tells him she does not have money.
He asks for her purse.
She tells him she does not have a purse (which is true)
He steals her cell phone and then tells her to give him her keys or hes going to cut her.
Then she loses it grabs the screwdriver and chases the guy through the parking lot screaming at the top of her chasing him with his own screwdriver. he got away in a van that was waiting for him
Really scary shit.
Shes ok just a little rattled and P.I.S.S.E.D. but shes going to live.
So the cops can not really do anything but can you believe that??
If she ever sees that guy again I am worried about what she'll do to him