Friday, December 29, 2006

Another 4 day weekend, and black poop!

WEHOO for me. I love the weekend. I love that I just worked 3 days this week and its the weekend. I love that I do not have to go back to work for 4 days.
Life is good.

On a not so funny note. And I can not believe I am going to tell you all this (actually I can I have not shame) so the other day I went to the bathroom and my poop was BLACK. Serious. So I immediatley think worst case senario and I am going to die. I look back one more time just to make sure. Yep its black. So I RUN to the computer to pull up WebMD.com
and in my haste (because I am dying you know) I type in black poop, all I got was a thing for parents when there babies poop changes color, I rack my brain for the proper word and I type it in only to learn

It is important to visit your health professional when stools are black, tarry, or mixed with blood that is bright red or dark red. Talk with your doctor any time you have new rectal bleeding or notice blood on your stools. Your health professional may recommend screening tests to rule out a more serious problem, such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), colorectal cancer, or diverticulosis. There are easy tests you can get from your health professional to check for even very small amounts of blood in your stool.


And I AM FREAKING OUT!!! Because you know I went to read all the diseases thinking that must be it, I am almost in tears I have left messages with everyone I know to call me right away! Then I scroll down a little on the page only to read

Note:

Some foods and medicines can also change the look of the stool. If you take bismuth subsalicylate, such as Pepto-Bismol, or iron tablets, your stool may look black, and if you eat lots of beets, your stool may turn red.

Fucking Pepto-Bismol

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Well..I guess you learn something new every day.

(really..I just have no idea how to comment on that post)

Congrats on your 4day weekend.

T-girl said...

ROTFLAMO!!! Sounds like... fun! LOL How do I comment on this? Sounds liek a shitty thing to have happened to one? LOL

I never get a weekend... I would give my left leg for a day off! LOL

Patty said...

Call me next time you decide to freak out. I have become somewhat of a poop expert. It is one of the best ways to analyzis your state of health.

Let me also say that if you really clean up your diet and eat mostly natural foods this will change your poop as your system rids itself of all the toxins that have been being stored in your colon (a good thing this is). It will look really nasty and be sticky, but this is normal when doing a serious detox. So if you have been eating different than normal trying to loose weight this may have contributed to your color change.

You should do some experienments the next time you are bored. Eat a can of beets and then check out your poop a day or two later. When you see that, go ahead and eat a can of spinach. That will give your poop a greenish cast. If you get used to your normal, you will be better able to tell when it isn't (normal) without panic. Like a pain, it is your bodies way of gettting your attention so you can fix the problem.

And know that you and all your readers know I am certifiable, I will say goodbye now.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing, I would have freaked too! Becasue, of course, it must be worst case scenerio.

Anonymous said...

My brother is a borderline hypochondriac, and everything he researches on Web MD usually has him dying in three weeks.

He usually misses the "notes" like that.

Glad to hear it's just the Pepto-Bismol.

Anonymous said...

LOL, woman you crack me up!!! I always have black poop because of how much iron I take.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, Happened to me too a few months ago, damn iron pills. Thank goodness for the internet! lol.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO! OMG, girl you just KILL me! LMAO!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010