Monday, January 16, 2006

Have you ever had a spinal tap?


This was way worse!! I had a spinal tap as a child and from what I remember it was really painful, somehow though I think as a child you remember pain differently. I do not think it scars you as it does when you are an adult...
So the doc comes in chats you all up, makes you feel comfortable then leaves and in comes the nurse, on the Dr's exit he announces when he comes back he wants me on the table hugging the pillow (I usually only take that order from one person but Hey he's a doctor, also my hubby was there for moral support)
So I lay on the table hugging the pillow and my hubby starts to talk about the size of the needle (did I mention that I HATE NEEDLES!), the nurse also happens to mention that there is a lot more than normal amounts of the fluid than she is used to preparing for the doctor. So I become sick, I still have no idea what to expect but I keep telling myself that if this means I can have a day without pain it will be worth it. I wait for what seems like forever and I finally have to sit up. Hubby told me not to look at the needle cause I would freak myself out (this comes from the last time I took him with me to the Doctors the doctor made me lay down cause he was worried I would pass out when he gave me the needle). And when you tell me (most of the time) not to do something I usually will.
Well I looked, IT WAS HUGE! It was the length of my longest finger and there was a lot of fluid in the needle. So finally the doc comes in and I am told to lie down.
Reluctantly I lay down to the amusement of my hubby who thinks at this point I am being a big baby I lay down the doctor maps out the problems in question then:
JESUS FRIGGIN HELL THAT FUCKING KILLS!!!!!
See I usually do not have a potty mouth unless I have been drinking in excess or occasionally in my blog but I am usually pretty tame in dropping of the F boom.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!YOU SAID THIS WAS NOT GOING TO HURT! AAAAAHHHHH
Dr. "Oh i"m sorry this is very painful"
AAAAAHHHHHHH
OOOOOHHHHHH
AAAAHHHHHH
(this so does not do it justice it was worse than having all your toe nails pulled right off)
Dr. "I am going to take a little break while you catch your breath"
BY THIS POINT I AM BROUGHT TO TEARS. I HAVE LEARNED IT WILL NOT JUST BE ONE INJECTION IT WAS ALOT OF INJECTIONS. SOMETIMES IN THE SAME INCH OF SPINE JUST DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. 10 INJECTIONS LATER HE'S DONE. I AM WINDED AND CRYING, NOT BABY TEARS, GREAT BIG ADULT TEARS. (caps to emphasizes how bad it was, my words can not describe how painful this was and I have a very high pain threshold)
So to the amusement of my husband who while being blugened with the needle agreed "yeah that does look pretty painful"
When he was done another doctor joined us to talk about where and how the injections were done.
SWEET RELIEF IS IN MY GRASPS (I HOPE)
I later learn that trigger point injections are the same as getting an epideral. Sort of like when you are in labor and having a baby.
The difference is that they give you the needle one time in your spine NOT 10.
And I want kids. YEAH RIGHT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that singular model. The prices for the sneakers were approximately 170 dollars on every site. But completely I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you say about it?

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010