Saturday, January 14, 2006

Coming down of the high


WOW Will be the name I refer to the new drug I am taking. It is one word that fits. And now don't get me wrong I usually have a big problem with taking any drugs, which I am also sure after reading about the accident and all the shit that's wrong with my back you can imagine how hard it has been not to take any drugs. So because I am such a stubborn person I may have saved a little part of my liver by not taking 100 Vicodin a day. I mean I probably could take that many but it leaves my mind a little more fuzzy than I like and really it does little for the pain
I digress.
WOW and I had an intimate date last night. Because it states "It may take several weeks to pass before you feel the full benefits". I decided it would be find and that I would take it LONG before I needed to go to bed. I had some things to do I wanted to put away laundry and clean up a little bit, blog ect. ect.
So I pop the little green monster. Ok new name title LITTLE GREEN MONSTER. Its more fitting to where I am going with this.
So down little green monster goes, and within an instant (no joke) it feels like I have swallowed ALL of the sand box. Not just a few grains ALL OF THE SANDBOX.
This is weird so I chug a bottle of water.. AAAHHH thats good.
Then another...Still not quenched. I go back to re-read the side affects.
"possible side effects ........ Dry mouth..."
Another bottle of water should do it and I proceed about my errands. I turn on the TV in the bedroom ( I know Oprah and Dr. Phil would say its bad to have a TV in the bedroom, BUT REALLY what does Oprah and Dr. Phil know)
And start to put away l-a-u-n.........
I vaguely remember this but I think I was sitting on the edge of the bed now propped up on an elbow trying, completely buried under the laundry that I was trying to fold and trying to fight the effects of what was happening...
IT COULDN"T be the drugs ALREADY....
So I hear a key in the door and I am still in denial that the tiny little pill that is no bigger than the top of a pin, in denial that the Little Green Monster could be having an effect like this...
My head is all fuzzy but because I am so "tough" I fight the effects to met the hubby at the door.
He says " Hey babe how was your day?"
Me "GRUNT"
"Are you ok?"
"Grunt, grunt"
WHAT THE FUCK? (new phrase in high rotation)
Have I been reduced to grunts?
He seems to understand me,and I know in my head what's drooling down my face but I can not stop it nor do anything to acknowledge it.
I try to no avail to get back to the comfort of my bed, running into the wall on the way and I plop down. He has his shower and climbs in.
I try to life my head "Today is the first t-i-m-e......."
He laughs out loud kisses me head and I am off to never never land.
So 12 hours later and quite of few vivid dreams (another post) I awoke, WITH NO PAIN.
I write that in bold because it was the first night in 10 months that I slept ALL night and then woke up refreshed WITH NO PAIN.
I am quite fond of THE LITTLE GREEN MONSTER, and I think I may have a little bit of a crush.
SSHHH don't tell the hubby.
I am already looking forward to or little interlude tonight... Only 12 more hours.

No comments:

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010