Monday, July 31, 2006

The first step is to admit there is a problem

I have a problem. But I do not look at it as a problem really.
Ha ha that's denial.
The hubby and I were laying in bed snuggling due to his impending trip that he is going to be away for 4 days and we are chatting about the day when I inquire if he has purchased a book for his trip (this IS A MUST for travel) anyways we gaze at each other and he says he is going to just get one at the airport. WHAT!!!
You can not get one there because you are forced to settle so we concur that a trip to Barnes and Noble down the street is the best solution.
I LOVE BOOKS!
I really do we spent almost 2 hours walking around checking books we would love to read, I get all excited like a little kid when I see a book that I already own have sitting on my bookshelf, it almost feels like pride really. Strange I know.
But I also have a little secret, there is this thrift store that the MIL has sniffed out (we both love a good bargain) and it HAS TONES of books and they sell them (if you can even call it that) for $0.42 cents!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE that??
Anyways they get books in daily and I even tried to tell the store employees as I fill my cart with all my new book delights that they are WAY under selling the books.
They say they have too many and want people to buy them. So I do. And I read all of them.
I am a bit of a book snob though, it must be in good condition and if the pages have turned yellow I can not buy it.
Anyways tonight at Barnes and Nobel there were about 120 books would have bought that I have had my eye on but I could not warrant $18 for a book (thinking in my head the amount of books I can get at the thrift store)
So I picked the one that I have looked at the last 3 trips to the book store.

You can order yours here

5 comments:

astrocoz said...

Do you get all giddy when someone gives you a Barnes and Noble gift card...you know, like you won the lottery or something? I do. No one believes me when I tell them its the best gift they can give me...they think its boring. Shows how much they know! Books and music are my sanctuaries, you know?

I'm just glad there are others out there that like books as much as I do.

~ Amanda X&O said...

Yep, that's an addiction. I'm trying to get back into reading. My first quest is finding an author I love. The books will follow.


That, or I'll just go book by book from Oprah's book club list. If Oprah loves it then how can I go wrong, right?

Elissa L. said...

Okay I have to know where this bargain books store is!! 42Cents, thats less than the overdue fees I always get at the library!

Random Musings said...

Its in Redlands its called the H&E thrift store on Alabama Street behind the Starbucks @ Alabama and Redlands BLVD

m/p said...

random, go to costco. they have books for cheap. i saw that one there yesterday.

i love reading, but its been awhile.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010