Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Family crisis

So my cousin calls, on my cell phone in the middle of the day. So right away I know something is up.
Then she spills, uncle Gordy has an 80% blockage in his heart and has been rushed to surgery in Ottawa (my home town for those checking in) and my mother and her mother (they are sisters for those really swift ones) they have not spoken since my grandpa passed away 1 1/2 ago.
They are both being childish so I called my mom and told her to call her sister because like it or not, big surgery or not they need each other.
In great mother fashion she asks why I know and she has not been called yet. This is the way my mom is, so I explain that Shanna called me to tell me and I am calling her to give her the information and I really think she needs to put WHATEVER aside and go be with her sister.
We all have one family, and as messed up as our is we have ALWAYS been there for everyone and everything.
Life is too short.
So with that I hope my mom gives up whatever grudge she's holding onto and goes to her sister. She needs her to be there for this even if neither of them will admit it
Without family what do we have really? Everything in between is never as good, as never having to explain yourself and being loved for ever bit of craziness that is all encompassing to your own character. You family loves you anyways.

Even if you do shave your head bald with a bic shaver 10 days before grade 8 graduation your family just looks at you and laughs and says "Well your going to look pretty silly while that grows out"
And then we move on..

So if you pray or if you do not please hold him in your thoughts to pull through this I am sure he will however any well wishing is much appreciated

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I hope everything will go well with your uncle.

Second, why is it that grown up sisters always fight with each other? My mom has 6 sisters... yeah, yikes!

j.sterling said...

i will think good thoughts!!!

Jonathan said...

You and your family are in my thoughts. If you need to talk about things, just let me know.

T-girl said...

Consider it done!

yeah Sisters are a funny lot... it is all those hormons! LOL

Kelli said...

Im so sorry random...family drama stinks.

I will be thinking about your family...

twisted panties said...

I hope everyting works out okay. For your uncle and your mom and her sister.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010