Friday, July 14, 2006

California is on fire... Again...


As most of you know I am a card carrying member of The American Red Cross and the hubby and I are members of The Disaster Action Team which means when there is a disaster we are put on notice
And due to the fires I will be spending my weekend out in the trenches. So far 45 homes have been lost and 55 other buildings, over 100 cars. I will be shipped to the make shift shelters to do what ever is asked of me.
You can see the fires burning at night, there are 2 of them and if they bump into each other we are in REALLY BIG trouble, the fire is headed to an area that had NEVER burned. EVER. While not since they have been recording fires and that has been for a really long time.
What feels weird to me is that the areas that they are evacuating we had done that "PREPARE FOR DISASTER" weekend out in Big bear with a little turn out and now they are facing what we were trying to prepare them for.
Strange how that happens.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

good luck out there.

Kelli said...

Good luck Random..take care of yourself..

j.sterling said...

good god. i hate when this happens. be safe

Battlerocker said...

Good luck and be safe. It's impressive what you do.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010