Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sappy Post

Because I deal with the general public on a daily basis I see a lot of stuff. I see parents who bring there kids to fill out forms because they can not read or write. I see people bring in there kids because they do not speak a word of English and are here in the country illegal. How do I know they are illegally here? They tell me as much. And what I can do? Nothing. And its frustrating having gone what I had do to be her legally.
I see old people.
I see young people.
I see sick and dying people (they tell me this too)

Life is a gift and each day I appreciate the people I still have in my life, I am thankful for so much.

What brought all this sappiness on? I had a father who is 92 years old come in with his son today. They were both pretty frail but so spunky and full of life. I hope to be like that when I am 92, joking and poking at each other teasing each other.

Its made my day, already and I just got here.... Oh and on the way to work in traffic I sneezed, and the car beside me said bless you. : )

2 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

What? A car spoke to you on the way to work this morning? That's impressive.

I agree, though. My best friend's father is getting on in his years - but he lives every day to the fullest and has so much fun. He's always smiling and enjoying the moment.

I hope I will be like that. I should try harder to be like that now.

T-girl said...

I think to many people forget about helping eachother!

I like RWA's last comment... he is SO right. How many times have you caught yourself thinking, "when I get old" etc and yet today you do nothing of the sort? What kind of life is that? I think all of us should try now to be more like the people we want to be "someday" when we grow up!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010