Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I am glad.

So the services for my MIL friend were today. I really dislike funerals, the services. Although today was nice. He was a Vietnam vet so the services were formal with the flag folding and taps on the bugle. The bishop said something that stuck with me.
He said each day we should be glad. We should live each day as if it was our last and eventually it will be. It also made the hubby and I talk about making plans, for instance emergency phone numbers, putting our wishes in writing and having a big envelope that says "In case of death"
We also really need to think about life insurance and get busy making those plans too, we both briefly discussed what we want done (for instance if my death is tragic yet they can use my organs got for it) I have signed my donor cards.
But we both talked about I really do not want people to be sad if I die. That's life, be happy celebrate my life. I asked him what he would say to people at my funeral and he said

"GOOD GOD THAT WOMEN DROVE ME NUTS!!"

And in all honesty I would LOVE for him to say that, it would make people laugh, it would help people understand our relationship.

But the bishop said we should be glad.

So I am glad

1. For the love and support I get each day from the hubby.

2. That I am able to work, and live the life I have been chosen to live.

3. That I have SO MANY friends and family who love me.

4. That I have been so blessed in my life to have experienced some of the things I have been able to do (Helping after Hurricane Katrina is one of the things top on my list)

5. To have food and shelter and not ever have to go without.

6. To have been taught what it is to love and be loved.

7. To have my health (which the hubby would disagree with because he thinks I am anything but healthy with all my aliments but it could always be worse)

8. To have 1000 other things I could list and this is just the top things.

What are you glad for?

4 comments:

Patty said...

I know you ask what we are glad for, but this is a comment section and not a post, so I will simply say YOU!

When you are ready for life insurance, go to Dave Ramsey's web sight and click on Zander Insurance and they will give you a good quote for term life insurance, which will be really cheap at your young age. You should have 8 to 10 times your income and remember you only need this until you have enough money in the bank that you don't need the insurance to supplement a lot income.

Dixie said...

There are way too many things to list here!

Just... Why? said...

Primarily my wife and my daughter

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOOO exactly what Craig would say, oh my god that made me laff... people here at work think I am nuts, all of a sudden I will burst out in lafter!!! They always start to giggle though so I am saying it's thereputic :)

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010