Friday, May 19, 2006

You are only as strong as your weakest link


Ok So work horse no longer.
I am learning.
I have been paying attention.

So it appeared to me last week (actually day one) that the people I work with do not have the same work ethic as I do.
I get to work on time, I work hard, if I tell a customer that I will call them back I do.
Simple stuff really.

Well for the last 3 weeks I have noticed that while I work like a dog, my peers do not. Something that took me 10 minutes to do, took someone else 8 hours.
Yes you read that right 8 hours.
Maybe I did not get "the whole" story but its still the same to me.

So this week I sat back. And relaxed. I took my time. I was still working but just not as hard as I was to start. (which is a real challenge for me)
Guess what happened.
We got behind.
Ha ha.
I find it funny really, I stop busting my ass and we get behind. Sure we all have other projects we are working on at the same time and some people have different "projects" that take more time than others.
So now we are behind.
And I refuse to bust ass just to catch up.
Oh and the fact that we are behind I got to point it out to management makes me smile.
He asked why I was the the one giving him the majority of the orders.
Ha ha..
Ok maybe not funny to you guys but funny to me.

Oh and I had a good talk with my "supervisor" the other day. I called her I liar to her face. It felt good. She lied straight to her manager and I did not say anything at the time.
I called her out on it.
Its hard to work "for" someone you have no respect for.
I may be newer than you but I am not an idiot I see what's going on and I told her what I thought about it.
Ha ha.
I just do not care anymore. I will go to work, do my job and not think about work when I am not there.
I even had to stay longer today (OT) to catch up before the weekend.
Its all going to come out in the wash. I just need to be patient.
I have a funny feeling that there are going to be A LOT of changes going on in the next little while. This should be interesting so I will keep you all posted (well as much as I can) about whats going on.
At least I can laugh at it all when I get home.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Whoo hoo for calling out your supervisor! I hate it when you have a crappy boss.

Im glad that you got to chill..and that you got to show that you the one who does the work. Pretty soon they will all realize what a rockstar you are. Then maybe your supervisor can go interview for that door sticker position!

Battlerocker said...

I love it when people stand up to bullshit. Nice job.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010