Friday, June 23, 2006

SO EMBARRASSING


This may make me sound totally like a girl but lets face it I am.
So I am driving along after a hard day at work (I got stuck diffusing a customer situation 1/2 longer than I was supposed to stay)
And I hear "BING, BING"
OH NO.
My Check gauges light is on.
Then the thoughts starting running through my head, I am going to be "THAT" asshole who breaks down in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, you know the guy you all flash dirty looks at while you drive by them and curse bad names under your breath (or out loud depending on how mad you are) cause they CAUSED all the traffic and are sitting halfway pulled over with there 4 ways on? ( I am also worrying that I do not look particularly sexy today and who's going to stop for a not so attractive forgot to put on mascara, hair all disheveled, sweaty 100 degree weather and I have now turned off the air conditioning and radio because some how I think this will preserve the gas)
Don't pretend you don't do it...
Anyways I look down and another "BING, BING"
SHIT ITS THE FUCKING GAS LIGHT!!
Ok this has never in my life happened to me. I am the kinda person that if it gets down to 1/4 tank I fill it immediately so I start to panic I call the hubby
"Babe your going to have to come get me I ran outta gas"
"What do you mean you ran outta gas? How did you do that?" (of coarse he's mad at me that I would be so silly as to run outta gas, and how am I supposed to get gas to you we don't have a gas tank"
"OH"
"Where are you?"
"Almost to Walmart"
"So your not outta gas?"
"No the lights on? Can I still make it to a gas station"
(half laughing under his breath all exasperated that I am so "car stupid")
"Yeah your fine, just stop at the closest gas station"
So I am shaking and nervous as hell that I am going to run outta glass at the intersection and I am panicing cause there is so much traffic and the friggin light keeps blinking and "BINGING" at me.
"Are you sure?"
"YES JUST STOP AT THE CLOSEST GAS STATION"

I made it. But I vow never let it get less than 1/4 tank again.
Oh and to keep an extra mascara/lip gloss/compact in the car in case of "breakdowns"

5 comments:

T-girl said...

LMAO! Oh honey you SO would not live well in my world. I actually calculate how many miles I have left vs. how far I want to go before I get gas! God how puthetic is THAT? I use to be a half tank girl myself but times change! LMAO

Kelli said...

I have mine down pat..as soon as the light goes off I have around 25 miles. I would never get gas if it werent for that light!

Dreamlover said...

LOL, I almost always see the gas light.

never used to worry until my friends car just stopped twice due to no gas!!

Kat said...

lol. I ran around for two days once with my gas light on. Like Anne, I know I have about 20 miles once the light comes on.

astrocoz said...

I am worse than you. I set the trip everytime I fill up, and when I get close to 235 miles, I fill up...It doesn't matter if I'm not on empty. I'm just a freak like that.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010