Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Random acts of kindness


OK so funny thing happened today. And KB (from KB's World) can relate.
Why are people not nice anymore?? I have a secret I have been keeping. Not really a secret but just something I do time to time.
So here is the story.
I went to McDonalds this morning (bad for me I know some times I just crave their breakfast) anyways I am sitting in line in the drive through and order my food.
I get to the window to pay and I say
"You know this morning I would like to pay for the car behind me too" (this happened to me at Starbucks one time and it really made my day I in return bought for the car behind me and I always wonder what happened with that car did they buy for the car behind them? At random if I need a little perk I like to do this, strange I know but who wants to be normal….I digress. It felt SO good to have a Random Stranger pay for my drink and it really made my day)
Ok back to story.
So the guy at McDonalds.
"Do you know him?"
"No"
"Do you think he is cute?"
"I did not notice really I was just offering to pay for his breakfast"
"Oh? I do not think I can do that?"
He goes of to talk to his manager and comes back
"Why would you do this (looking at me like I was clearly crazy)"
"Just because, a random act of kindness"
"Do you want to know his total before you offer?"
"No that's fine just run my ATM"

So I drove away on top of the world. Although the guy at McDonalds thought I had a screw lose maybe it will leave an impression on his young stupid mind.

4 comments:

j.sterling said...

you can't even randomly be nice without people questioning it.. GOOD FOR YOU! that rocks!

astrocoz said...

That is awesome! I'm surprised that the guy had to ask his manager if it would be ok...so weird!

Kelli said...

You are too sweet...

Now when are you going to MD's again? I would like to follow you..

GERBEN said...

That is awesome!!! I love it!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010