Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ok about the wobbie

Seeing how so many people asked. I am about to bare one of my deep dark secrets. And its fine to tease and make fun of me, because trust me my closest friends still tease me about it. Oh and I have 3 brothers who tease me about it. My mom teases me. My sister teases me. My husband teases me.

I have a baby blanket. I am 28 ..opps.. 29 years old and I have a baby blanket. I have had it as long as I can remember and its a little tattered to say the least. I sleep with it every night and I call it my woobie. My mom thought I would grow out of it and she tried to sell it with the matching sheets and curtains at a garage sale and I bought it with my allowance (she was trying to wean me away from it) Just to give you some background I spent ALOT of time in the hospital as a kid and it was always with me. My parents divorce I had it to comfort me. My cousins suicide I had it with me, at camp when I would pee the bed and then get beat by my uncle it kept me safe.


So there it is. Laugh if you must. It looks like a big blob because it is, its actually a full size (in its former glory) double comforter. Its been washed so many times that its almost transparent. All the stuffing is at one end
And I love it! And if you look closely at it you will see Strawberry Shortcake, I have told the hubby that when he has been around for a long as I have had it, I will give it to him pnly 21 more years to go.lol
I have had many offers to re-stuff it because friends and family are sick of looking at the mess that its become. But I like it just fine the way it is. I will try to pull out pictures of the many people in my life and the wobbie stealing the shot...lol

9 comments:

T-girl said...

OH MY GOD! I have MINE also... the SAME BLANKET! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!! I was a strawberry WHORE! Ok, so I don't like use it as a security blanket and it has graduated to something I use to snuggle with my little girl in but... I still have it and it is still special and I don't let babykins play with it like other blankets it is ONLY for her to snuggle with Mommy in! I will try to remember to take a pic and post it, mine is in perfect condition still... I never allowed it to be washed! LOL

BTW-Girl you are scaring me!

Anonymous said...

I never had a blanket like that. I think I missed out.

GERBEN said...

Oh honey don’t feel bad. I myself do not have a security blanket or wobbie as you put it, but my little sister had a security pillow. I would love to find some pictures of that ugly GREEN thing. Mom even tried to put that ugly thing in a new pretty purple case but sister tore the stitches apart so that she could see and touch that ugly green fabric. If I’m not mistaken that thing is still laying around SOMEWHERE!

Kelli said...

OMG! I had that same stuff! I still have the sheets! That is so weird.

It was the same little pattern.

Awh. I miss my strawberry shortcake stuff. I hate the new version. Not nearly as cute.

Tuesday Girl said...

Ok, I have a blanket too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining that. Now it makes total sense.

I actually still own the teddy bear I slept with as a child. I don't sleep with it anymore, but I have it. The poor thing is about worn completely out - but I would never give it away, sell it, or throw it away. Not a chance.

Glad to see you had this thing to get you through some tough times, though. Isn't it amazing how something so simple can help kids do that?

Anonymous said...

THATS FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!

My parents took mine away when I was 8, and say they're going to give it back on my wedding day. Great. Just when I CAN'T use it anymore. Great plan.

Sam said...

You know how to get away with that? I gave mine to my son when he was old enough to appreciate it. He gets to sleep with it, but I get the satisfaction that it is still around and someone else gets the comfort. Mine looks worse than yours, btw.

Mummy said...

ha ha! coolio!

i had a blankie, that was a sheepskin rug (all kiwi babies have these rugs in their cot) - it was so faded and overwashed, it just ended up being a soft piece of leathery skin, gross. my mum had to hide it from me to wean me from it.

Strawberry shortcake did really rule for a long time there. her and holly hobby before her.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010