Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Work Horse!!

So I started the new part-time gig and its AWESOME!! Too bad I am not going to make any money from all the stuff I am going to buy in the store.... lol
I have been working all day (9 hours less lunch) and then heading the the PT gig for training which has been 5 hours a night after a full day... and I should be SUPER tired right now but sleep alludes me.
So I am baking cookies. The neighbours kid he goes to church with came by a few months back selling cookie dough for a school function and I bought some... well lets just say A LOT, I am such a sucker for this crap though, because I was always #1 selling cookies, or chocolate bars so I ALWAYS buy stuff from the kids who come to the door. Oh and 2 ladies kids at work who were selling them too... not such a great idea when you are working on losing weight and have ALL THIS COOKIE DOUGH laying around. So I bake cookies and bring them to work. Right now there is double chocolate chunk chip cookies baking away in the oven and when they are done (12 minutes) then I will try to sleep again.

I am so excited about the 4 day weekend!!! WEEHOOO well from one job anyways, so this new PT gig is training 3 days this week and then my first "official day" is BLACK FUCKING FRIDAY!!! Serious I do not know what I get myself into. Well it could be worse I guess, Kohls
(one of the places I really wanted to work) is opening @ 4am and I only have to be at work @ 5:30am..... Well at least I will be off in time to maybe check out some after thanksgiving sales... yeah who am I fooling I will be so sick of friggin people by the time I get off that I will be heading straight home for turkey leftovers.

I am cooking this year again. Only my 2nd turkey ever so I am going to have to call my mother in law again for directions I always forget how many pounds = how many hours in the oven. Hubby and I are excited because we are going to make Daisy her own plate and watch her stuff herself.... I will be sure to take pictures....
I have a lot of things to give thanks for this year.... Look for my Thanksgiving day post.. between naps from stuffing myself!!

6 comments:

Vi said...

I know thanksgiving day and what it's about, but what's black friday?

Anonymous said...

Black Friday = Stress but Great Deals!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new job.

Hope the turkey turns out great.

Patty said...

Congrates on the new job. The youngest and I were just saying how we needed to get some new 600 thread count sheets (double size) Oh and I am also looking for some black or REALLY dark brown bath towels for my new bathroom. When I get some extra money I am going to send it to you so you can snag us a great deal on white sales in January.

Are you going to make a cheesecake in your new food processor?

Random Musings said...

Vi- Black Friday is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year... its insane retailers open at 4am in the morning ITS INSANE!!! There are some really great deals to be had if you get up early...
for instance Best Buy (a BIG electronics store) has a laptop and printer for $250.. you end up saving like $700

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Just an F.Y.I. in case you didn't know:
Never feed ham to Daisy or any other pet for that matter.
It can and will often be fatal.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010