Friday, November 30, 2007

Washington DC BABY!!


So I mentioned the hubby is doing a bunch of traveling for work in the next few months, he leaves Monday for 2 weeks to Washington DC and I was really sad about it. Well him being the brilliant man that I married checked flights and I AM GOING FOR THE WEEKEND TO VISIT!!! My boss was so gracious to give me Friday off so I could fly in while he was at work (its a 6 hour flight) I am so excited, he has everything planned he wants to do when I am there. He is going to be there when they do the lighting of the trees at the white house and I am kinda sad that I am going to miss that but how cool would that be? We are going to visit the tomb of the unknown soldier, a few museums, the big Abraham Lincoln memorial so trust me when I say there will be LOTS of pictures. Neither of us has been so its a mini vacation for us both. The hotel is 2 miles from the white house and everything else is in walking distance and this guy he works with told him about a GREAT Indian food restaurant right near the hotel so its hard for me to see what I am more excited about... I have not had Indian food in 6 months!!!.... The White House is going to be beautiful with all the holiday lights....

4 comments:

T-girl said...

OH! I love DC! You guys are going to have a blast! I am totally jealous!!!!

Patty said...

I am so happy you get to go on a mini vacation with hubby. And thanks to your new best Santa you have a new book to read on the plane! Life doesn't get better than this does it!

Bring us back a pic of the white house X-mas tree.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

I went many years ago when I was in elementary school, but I would love to go again.

Hope y'all have a great time.

Random Musings said...

t-girl- I am so excited!!! I can hardly wait!!

Patty- I will have LOTS of pics from the trip I think I will finally update my Flicker account

RWA- If there was room in my suitcase...

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010