Friday, November 09, 2007

Canadians are GREEN


In Canada we are big about the environment. It was a big change for me when I moved to California. For instance in Canada the supply you with 2 recycle bins, one for cardboard, paper ect and one for glass and plastic. You are required to sort your garbage. What happens if you do not sort your garbage? They will not pick it up....yep if you put out your garbage and not your recycle bins (different bin each week) they will leave your trash there....
Pretty cool huh??

This is a picture of the HUGE plastic recycle bin in the middle of the mall in Montreal... Canadians are cool people!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

I think that's a BRILL idea! Oz is also very big on recycling while the uk, is still trying to grasp it. The UK want to fine people who don't receycle, but they don't supply you with the bleeding 'bags' or 'boxes' to do the job!

laluna said...

I've always thought Canadians had it figured out! A very civilized country!

coffeygirlb said...

I am totally ALL for that. I think that recycling should be mandatory everywhere, granted the necessary tools and education are made available. It actually pains me to throw something in the trash, because I have been recycling all my life. My friends tease me about it sometimes, but I try to educate....you just have to do it!

Dixie said...

It's like that in New York.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010