Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Its official

Its been confirmed its Hodgkin s Lymphoma Stage 2

He has 2 minor surgeries on Friday the first is to take some bone marrow to test it to make sure the cancer is not in his bones and the second it to "install" (sounds like something you would put in a car?) a portacath into his chest to administer the chemotherapy.

To read the whole story you can go here.

We are both pretty happy about it. If it has to be Cancer at least it is something that is treatable with a 90% success rate! So YAY for Hodgkins!

I know it sounds weird to be happy about it, I mean we had already got our heads around the whole "Cancer" thing and we are just relieved to know what it is and what we are doing to move forward.

Chemo starts within 2 weeks the doctors say.

Thank you all for your support and prayers and well wishes, I can speak for myself when I say I have felt them over the last 2 weeks.

Its hard to explain really. I mean you hear the words Cancer and you want to cry and scream and I never got that. Yes I cried and yes I was angry for a split second but its out of my hands. Its out of our control.

Craig is one of the strongest people I know. He has always been my rock. He NEVER gets sick. I know he will beat this. He has no choice!

My heart has been at piece with it. Now don't get me wrong. I am scared. I am scared to see the man I have spent the last 13 years with get sick. I am scared at the whole chemo and radiation stuff that is about to happen. I am scared that the doctor has explained this will be a 6 month process of chemo and radiation.

But my heart is at peace. I have faith that this will bring us closer as a family, it will truly test our weaknesses. But I KNOW, I know in my heart of all hearts that this is going to be ok!

5 comments:

Steph said...

I will continue to keep you two in my thoughts!

Kaycee said...

You are very strong! Keep your head up and stay positive!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Well that's a great success rate!!! I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts.

TJ said...

You are in my prayers!

Check my blog :)

AF Recruiters Wife said...

Been wondering what the results were, like you said, if it's gotta be cancer, this is the one to get! I'm an active committee memeber for Relay For Life, might be something you can look into. American Cancer Society has lots of programs to help not only the survivor, but also their families. Not to mention I have met some of my best friends there!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010