Friday, December 17, 2010

All set up for Christmas

So I have mentioned on the blog before that when the hubby and I started dating (13 years ago) my grandma suggested we buy a Christmas ornament when ever we travel and to get at least one new one each year for the tree.

See this is SUCH a fabulous idea because every ornament on the tree has a story.

But see I am a bad Christmas person. I LOVE Christmas. I LOVE seeing everyone's decorations, I love getting into the spirit I LOVE getting our new ornament every year but I am a little ashamed to admit this......

This is the FIRST TIME IN 7 years (yes all the years we have been married) that I put up a tree **hangs head in shame**

Yes you see I have never "bothered" because of the mess and I am so SORRY I never did! I popped in The Cinderella Story (with Drew Barrymore) and started to decorate.

The before:




And then the after:




I so wish I would have done this forever ago....


Sorry for the bad pictures this one was taken at my mom's house the first year we were dating 1998 (akk I am so old) I remember this picture and if I recall correctly that I was wearing *gasp* overalls! Ugg


And this one is one of my new favorites. I am not sure if you remember our Christmas morning last year? Yeah our furnace caught fire and at 5am Christmas morning and 15 guys from the fire department came out to investigate? You can read about it here?
I just thought the fire dog was a fabulous way to remember that year?



And this one is from Mount Rushmore...

I also realize now that I have dragged everything out that I NEED MORE STUFF!! I need WAY more lights for the tree, and a tree skirt, and a wreath for outside.. the list is endless!

So I totally understand if you want to start collecting a new one each year too... Its so cool! I am getting old though so all the ornaments are marked with dates and placed so my crazy brain can remember where they are from....

Now that the tree is all set up I will show you some more of my fabulous decorations and the stories behind them.

7 comments:

Lily Riani said...

hey! thats a great idea. similar for me, i get 1 ornament everywhere i travel to decorate my house so that every corner have a story.

Nicole said...

we collect ornaments from all our vacation spots too. it's a fun way to reflect on where we've been over the years.

CeCe said...

your tree is cute! Glad you decided to do it this year. I kind of didn't want to either because of the mess but so glad we got one. it really does add so much holiday cheer to the house. i might get into decorating next year but for now just having a tree is enough.

Steph said...

Haha... I love the fireman one. Love your tree.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay!!! I love that you put your tree up!

Oh I've been meaning to ask you, are you still coming to Vegas with everything going on?

● C E L I N A ● said...

you are soooo Christmasy!

We have next to nothing...oh well!

Kelly L said...

Well done.. I remember years and years ago we visited my husband's aunt Doris - she had over 1000 ornaments she told us and each one had a story.... we shared many of them that day with us... Now she is gone along with her husband Uncle Ray and I still remember the stories that I can now share with my kids... You are starting your own legacy.....
Love to you and Merry Christmas!
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010