Saturday, December 04, 2010

Look out Martha Stewart!

Oh yes I made Turkey cupcakes for Thanksgiving...

I saw it somewhere and I just though they were the cutest things! They were super easy to make to!

1. Just make regular cupcakes (totally forgot I was going to blog about it and got too excited to take a picture of just the cupcakes)

2. This is my super budget fabulous icing thingamajig. I put all the icing into a ziplock bag that I had cut a corner from.

You have to make the icing thick to hold the candy corn.

I used 3 WHOLE things of icing for 24 cupcakes (they were all free because they went on clearance for $.34 and I had $.40 off coupons!)I saw them done with vanilla and chocolate icing and they were just as cute! The orange is from the Halloween clearance.

3. They need a big dolop of icing for the head


4. Add the candy corn to the tails (also free on clearance!)


5. Give it a mouth

6. And then eyes (if you look closely you will see my eyes are actually bats from the free frosting)

That's it... All my Turkeys ready to go!


It was funny I told my SIL that I was bringing Turkey cupcakes to thanksgiving dinner and she said "umm I am not sure how well turkey cupcakes will go over?"

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those are freaking adorable!!!!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010