Friday, June 05, 2009

I hope it brings her as many blessings..

So remember the story about me giving away my wedding dress?

Well the day has come. And it was just as beautiful the second time around!! Hubby and I waiting for the ceremony to start.



Here comes the beautiful bride!! In my dress!! I was so elated and emotional to see it being worn again! After 6 years it was still timeless!


The new husband and wife.... And he LOVED the dress he told her it was made for her and was so beautiful!


The beautiful bride in my (well hers really) dress.


The bride and her mom. Her mom when she figured out I was the one who donated the dress grabbed me in the biggest bear hug and whispered in my ear that "You will never know what a blessing it was to have me give L my dress, and thank you from the bottom of my heart!"

L asked how she could ever repay me for just giving her my dress.

And I told her "A day will come when you can do something for someone else. Something selfless that they can not do for themselves. And then you will help them and thats all the payment I will ever need"



And I believe she will.

Its first run around....


The happiest day of my life...

16 comments:

TJ said...

Awww that is great :) Id feel emotional seeing someone in my dress, but it is all for the greater good. You both look fabulous in it! :)

"M" said...

That was a wonderful thing you did. She looked very pretty!

The Mrs. said...

beautiful! post and pictures!

GERBEN said...

Awww, I think I have something in my eye......

Anonymous said...

Awww. She looks lovely as did you. Beautiful dress and beautiful gesture.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, that was such a great thing you did!

Unknown said...

That dress is gorgeous and you both looked great in it. Good for you for making her dream wedding dress come true :)

Ally said...

gorgeous! you and she look just fabulous! i'm with Gerben with the something in the eye. -=)

Anonymous said...

that is awesome. i love that you did this. i thought i've seen and heard it all - not this! bravo to you. xo

Ashley said...

What a sweet story!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

How sweet, you both looked very pretty!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful story--

and you both looked like a million bucks!

blessings,
Lauren

Kelly said...

That is a precious story and a beautiful dress!

Erin said...

That is a great story!! What a pretty dress!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

What a wonderful story to go along with a beautiful dress! We are in the middle of planning out wedding. I’m not sure what I will do with mine afterwards. I would love to hold onto incase my future daughter would like to wear it someday. We’ll see what happens.

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training

Kelley said...

Your dress was beautiful on both of you. What an awesome thing to do for your friend.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010