Monday, June 08, 2009

Do you ever have that feeling?

When you are somewhere and it just feels like you belong? Like you ended up in the place so that you can make the next steps?

Well I was at a function this weekend at a retirement community and I had the weirdest feeling come over me. The moment that this feeling came over me a volunteer coordinator walked right past me.

So long story short I have a new volunteer position at a beautiful retirement community!! I am SO excited. The facility is beautiful. Everyone that works there seems really nice, so I will be volunteering on Mondays. And the best news is I get to do whatever I want. Paint toes, read books, play games.

And in the process of telling my new volunteer coordinator that I was SO EXCITED to get started a lady from The American Heart Association overheard me and asked if I ALSO wanted to volunteer with them?? She said I was very out going and friendly and I would be a great asset to their team too!! They do a bunch of fun events to educate women about heart health and basically they provide all the training and I pick which events I want to do!!

I am SO EXCITED!!! 2 new volunteer positions. In 1 day!

4 comments:

Ally said...

the associations are simply lucky to have you volunteering with them. you have a good heart.

Steph said...

That is great!!! I have been wanting to volunteer work in some way or another for awhile. Maybe when my hubs gets home.

"M" said...

I think that's awesome you are volunteering especially with the heart assoc. I know they will truly appreciate all your efforts!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm glad you found something you're passionate about!!! That's exciting!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010