Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That was COMPLETELY out of line!!

SO remember why I left me last job? You can read the long version HERE, or to sum it up in a few words.

Love my job, hated my manager and could NEVER say no.

Well when I left I promised myself NEVER to let it happen again. I would never just "suck it up" and not express my feelings. I would never again be a "yes" girl not setting my boundaries. I would never again let someone else take credit for work that I had done. And I promised to work hard at telling everyone around me they do a great job and thank you.

Anyways today at work I had a run in with one of the managers. To explain our office, I have 1 manager. She oversees all 17 of us. There is another manager who does not really have a say in what I do and oversees 6 of the people and answers to my manager.

So she asks me to do something and I "ask for clarification" on what she asked. She Immediately jumps down my throat "I DON'T CARE!!...blah blah"

I am FUMING, I swallow my pride because of coarse she YELLS it out with everyone standing around and I set out to cool off.

I give it a few minutes and I ask my manager if she can give me a minute, I walk into the "lady in question" office and I go off.

Me "That was COMPLETELY out of line, not to add TOTALLY unprofessional, it was clear I was asking for clarification it was unnecessary and out of line to speak to me like that and I do not appreciate it"

It felt so damn good. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. I just wish some time I would not get so emotional. I was fighting back tears the whole time and I was SHAKING I was so pissed.

And I let it ruin my day which is the bad part. And then I came home and headed off to the gym to RUN my ass off. I will pay for it in the morning that is for sure. But it worked.

5 comments:

AM said...

GOOD for you! Yes, I hate that we women have to tear up when we get angry. grr.

Magnolia Sun said...

Good for you, I'm bad about not saying anything too.

Trixie said...

Good on ya for standing up for yourself. Maybe she will realise she was in the wrong.

Random Musings said...

AM- It sucks.. I was SO MAD my chin was quivering!!

Magnolia- I swore never to let it happen again and it was very liberating!

Trixie- She will never admit she was wrong, but I have to be the bigger person, which is fine with me. She just better never talk to me like that again

whimsical brainpan said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you. I just wish it hadn't ruined your day.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010