Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Asking for help

So in a nutshell I am overwhelmed at work right now.

I voiced my concerns to my manager. I think I said overwhelmed about 3 times and I asked for help. With year end quickly approaching I have about 10,000 things that need to be complete by December 1st.

She has assigned 3000 of the 10,000 items to other people to complete.

I am SO RELIEVED!!

I think it was the fact that I specifically said "I will do what I can" with my daily updates to her at where I am at. With only 7 hours in the day and the fact I REFUSE to stay longer that I am paid for and they refuse to pay me for more hours that I am willing to work. Also now that Fridays are a write off seeing how I am not permitted to do my regular job duties. It makes sense.

So its settled... ha ha.. I am officially and Gov worker....lol And its a bit of a LARGE pill for me to swallow.

1 comment:

Ally said...

isn't that the way it is at work? it's push back and then manager deems it is necessary to find help? hope it gets better!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010