Saturday, September 08, 2007

So bad

I have been seriously slacking on my blogging both reading and posting.. I have been busy working extra part time hours to put away extra cash for my trip... till I went to the mall today and BOUGHT MORE SHOES!!! Seriously they need a 12 step program. I will post pictures tomorrow. We will all have to start naming them so I can keep them straight.

I feel bad, the girl I work with was offered the position (she was a temp) and then they offered her the job and then she gave them her vacation time ( 3 weeks in the next 3 months) and they changed there minds and told her that they can no honor that much time and blah blah, so she is not longer going to be working with me. It's probably better though because EVERYTHING happens for a reason no matter how stupid the situation. I explained it to her that she is taking the time to spend time with her family and there will ALWAYS be other jobs.

They are opening a Kohl's, Bed Bath and Beyond and a Micheal's in our little small town and its all ANYONE can talk about. The part time job I have right now is trying to "save" its employees by letting us wear jeans every other week and offering free lunches on the weekend.

Yeah they are getting killed with all the people leaving..... Oh and I guessed it would be 3 months before they offered me a supervisory position.. yeah it was 1 month... Not sure what I am going to do as of yet (it would still be part time) I kinda like the luxury of going in and now worrying about anything and going home, if I was a manager I would have budgets, schedules, ect. I have done it all in the past but I REALLY like going in and going home and not having to CARE about anything... well see... Money talks.. lol

3 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

I hope you can get a comfortable pair of shoes to WALK to your trip.

I also hope can SLEEP in a pair of these shoes - and EAT some of them.

Ha!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad that they think letting people wear jeans and giving people free lunch on the weekend will retain employees. From what I know of retention...it has a lot more to do with the work environment and management style than it does with the stupid "perks" management gives people. You can do all these new things, but unless you change for the better in the management department, you won't get the retention of employees that you need.

Anyhow, at least it gives you more overtime for that trip and SHOES! LOL!

Patty said...

Tell them you are thinking of applying at Kohl's and they might just offer the superviser position and then let you work from home. And I know you would still do a better job never setting foot in the place than the people that waited on us in SD did.

SHOW US THE SHOES AND GO CHECK OUT THE ONES I POSTED FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010