Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Insert foot in mouth

So y'all know I am a big goof ball. I usually say what I am thinking to a certain extent but I like to goof around at everything I do.
Anyways there is this older lady at work and when I say older I am talking probably closer to her 60's. So we chat all the time and I am always goofing off and joking with her. I walked into her office today and noticed what looked like a shot glass sitting on her desk so I pick it up and do a little stumble and ask "So wear are you hiding the booze? I know your sitting here doing shooters all day and I was not invited"

She stares at me for a minute and blinks

*blink*blink*

Before she even said anything to me I knew what I had said was W.R.O.N.G. she then tells me

"Its a communion cup the minister said to keep it close so that we are always thinking of God and God is always with us"




Ummm yeah for the first time in awhile I was left with nothing to say...

7 comments:

Southern (in)Sanity said...

As much as you two joke around, surely she realizes that you were not in any way suggesting that she drinks on the job or, worse, is an alcoholic.

Patty said...

Well thank God you didn't follow it up with something like, "Ya I always feel closer to God after a shot or two myself." (JOKE PEOPLE...NOT a religious slam).

You were being your sweet charming self, nothing wrong with that.

Daniele said...

gawd this is funny! thanks for sharing that :)

Dixie said...

I would have just died from laughing!! I wouldn't have been able to control myself!

What religion is she that she gets to keep the communion cup??

AM said...

HAHAHA. that is HALARIOUS. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I can feel the "insert foot in mouth here" feeling just reading that. I probably would have appologized profusely and clumsily at that. But, she had to of known you were joking. Too funny!

laluna said...

That is absolutely hilarious! I love your description - I can totally picture it.

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010