Tuesday, July 06, 2010

What would you do?

Ok so I am asking y'all to weigh in...

I think we have made the decision but its "still in the air" a little.

The hubby flew out to interview in San Fransisco a couple of weeks ago (its a lateral transfer with his company).

Can we say "HELLS YES"

He has not liked it here since we got her. Neither have I to be honest but I can just about move anywhere and be fine.

Well after careful consideration he is thinking of declining the job.

Yep, saying no. Just like that.

It sucks because it would be AMAZING to be living near his family again, and although its a HUGE raise the cost of living in San Fran would just be insane.

See we would like to buy a house before we are 90.

So playing devils advocate while we wait to see if he gets the offer, we went out house hunting, and found OUR DREAM HOME! For $154,000.00.

Yeah the same square footage and lot in California $750,000. Not to mention if we did find a house we could afford he would be commuting only about 60 miles TO AND FROM work.

120 miles a day. IN CALIFORNIA traffic.

And then we would be living almost paycheck to paycheck. Rent alone is $2000 a month to be near his job. That's nuts. And everything else is WAY MORE expensive in California.

What would you do?

Move or set down roots?

I am excited for whatever the future holds for us!! Lets get this show on the road!


Ashley said...

That sounds like a tough decision that you two are really going to have to think about. I would say think about where you are going to be happiest. Everything else will fall into place. Maybe take a chance..I dunno. I'm not really good decision maker so I am probably not helping you out too much.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

That's a really hard decision. I can understand wanting to get a house but I can also understand wanting to move. I think whatever you decide, will be the right decision.

New Girl on Post said...

Wow...what a tough decision. I'm honestly not sure what I'd do, but I hope you guys come to an easy decision!

Steph said...

That sounds like a tough one. I think you should do whatever makes you the happiest and is going to cause the least amount of stress. Also, did you ask Daisy what she wants to do?

Magnolia Sun said...

Wow this is a tough decision. I'm with everyone else y'all really should do what is going to make y'all happy. We decided to settle in my husband's hometown which is 2.5 hrs from my family. My husband ended up taking a job with a 100 mile roundtrip commute. Lucky for him we are in a smaller town so the drive isn't bad (interestate almost all the way and the traffic isn't too bad nothing like California traffic). But with all that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Good luck!

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010