Friday, February 27, 2009

Oh Bikram yoga how I love you!!

So way back in the day I used to do Bikram 5 days a week. The classes were literally across the street from my house so I really had no choice and it was easy to stick to.

In the previous city we lived in there were no studios within about 40 miles of where we lived, so I stopped going and have not been in about 4 years.

I found a studio about 15 miles from me.

And they are AMAZING!! So to help kick off my weight loss I am going to start back and commit to 3 days a week!!

And this is not just any yoga. There is no standing on your head or anything like that. The room you do the yoga in is heated to a very humid and WARM 105 degrees. It is the MOST AMAZING workout EVER!!. You can read more about Bikram here or find a studio near you!

Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class is a twenty-six asana series designed to scientifically warm and stretch muscles, ligaments and tendons, in the order in which they should be stretched.

Bikram Yoga's twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of your body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to healthy working order, just as Nature intended. Proper weight, muscle tone, vibrant good health, and a sense of well-being will automatically follow.



Ummm yeah I think I am in love!!!

6 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I really miss my yoga class, but I've been sticking with my other exercises and I have my yoga dvd's. Good luck with your goal.

Pink Sneakers said...

Hi

I read one of your posts from a while ago that said you are a clothes and shoe hoarder! :)

I work for a production company and we are doing a show on people with tons and tons of stuff, like clothes and shoes, and I was wondering if you would be interested in talking to me about possibly being a part of the show? My email is mconrad@pinksneakers.net, please email me asap if you might be interested!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

105! That's very warm. Don't you get faint?

Random Musings said...

Magnolia- I am also trying to find something closer to home... We have treadmills in our "gym" here but I am looking to branch out.

Pink Sneakers- I will send you an email... : 0

COTW- Yes you feel a little light headed some times. I have almost passed out a few times but they teach you to just sit and breath. Its really great.

kristie said...

hey, please email me re: the swap...i need your email and your address. you VERY well could have already sent them already...i feel disorganzied..Yikkers....

thanks!
girlville AT nc DOT rr DOT com

Trixie said...

Hmmmm....I may give this ago tomorrow...do you think turning my heating up to full blast and doing the Wii yoga get the same result?

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010