Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Job hunting bites the BIG ONE!!

So now that we moved, although I am working at the PT job I need to secure a full time job.

The first week we were here I went to a cattle call.. Well I mean "group interview" and it was made very apparent to me that LOTS of people are looking for work.

I was WAY over qualified. As was most of the people in the room. But I went anyways. And this is going to be an uphill battle.

The hubby has pointed out that its going to be very hard, with the economy being the way it is. And with so many people out of work and looking......

This should be fun. I started a new "ticker" starting today for all the jobs I am applying for.

What is really frustrating about this job search is I am finding LOTS of jobs that look fantastic and I apply only to get hits back from temp agencies. Temp agencies that I have NO INTEREST in going through. I would like to get a full time job on my own. I do not want to "temp".

I have gone to some of the sites and there are "temp to hire" jobs but I still am not interested in investing the time in a job I may be doing for only a week. People look down on temps. Like they can not get real jobs.

So until I HAVE to I will go this alone. I will keep y'all posted at this riveting search...

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Good luck...I know you never have had a problem finding a job over the years I've known you. It's tough out there now. Maybe the temp thing wouldn't be too bad??

Random Musings said...

Sandy- I told the hubby I will give it another 2 weeks, Making it 5 weeks in total of looking. Then I will try a temp agency seeing how there are SO MANY out there looking..

Anonymous said...

I hate group interviews. I hear from my patients that it is nearly impossibel to get hired right now - I don't envy you the job search. Good luck!

Magnolia Sun said...

Sometimes I don't think they are even real jobs they advertise. I've been looking for another job too, something with benefits.

Random Musings said...

Citizen- It really is. I have not even been offered an interview with over 60 jobs that I have applied for.

Magnolia- That was my thought too.. I think they are trying to "stack" candidates up for "future" clients.

GirlyFruFru said...

Good Luck to you. I had a group interview and I was sweating like a PIG.. but I was hired so that was cool

GirlyFruFru said...

Good Luck to you. I had a group interview and I was sweating like a PIG.. but I was hired so that was cool

GirlyFruFru said...

Good Luck to you. I had a group interview and I was sweating like a PIG.. but I was hired so that was cool

GirlyFruFru said...

Good Luck to you. I had a group interview and I was sweating like a PIG.. but I was hired so that was cool

Life With Dogs said...

Seems like there are a number of cattle calls taking place these days. Sorry to hear about the job, but you sure aren't alone!

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010