Tuesday, August 04, 2009

That's Karma bitches!!

So I had this table come in last night.

They seemed nice enough. I gave them good service (or what I would say is good service.) They were a little rude but I thought nothing of it.

At the end of the meal the lady says to me "I work at sister restaurant so I get a discount"

No problem, I take her pay stub and her id and show a manager. All while grumbling under my breath because "SAID" restaurant employees that we give discounts to OFTEN stiff the servers at our restaurant.

Call it them being jealous (we are better) call it just being a jack ass it happens more often than not. And there is nothing we can do about it....

AND THEY STIFFED ME!!! After receiving a discount on their bill of over $12.

Whatever I was expecting it.

And then after 5 minutes the guy comes running into the restaurant and asks the hostess if someone has turned in a cell phone. I can see this going on and the hostess is pointing at me and THE GUY REFUSES TO COME OVER TO ME!! (cause he knows hes a jackass) I ignore this finish cleaning the table and walk into the back.

I wait a bit.

Then I come back out and with his tail between his legs he is standing at the table asking "Did you happen to find a cell phone?"

"Sure didn't" Without skipping a beat or even looking.

He climbed under the table (because there was no way I was going to)

Nothing.

A new table is sat and the guy leaves.

His phone rings and the new table hands it to me......


The moral of the story is always tip your server.......

6 comments:

Dixie said...

Question is:

Are you giving the phone back? or selling it for your tip??

Cuz I'd sell that shit with a smile on my face!!!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I wonder if that guy learned a lesson and will leave a tip next time. I sure hope so.

The Mrs. said...

I thought the unwritten rule was that if you got a discount or something free then you kinda pass that on to your server in the tip? Shoot am I the only one doing this? But then again... waiters are always happy to see us even when I'm with my loud kids! : )

you handled it wonderfully!

J.L.S. said...

I'm with the Mrs. I know whenever I have gift cards, discounts, etc. I always feel like I need to tip more. Glad you got some satisfaction out of the jerks at your table!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

People are so gross. I mean really tip!!!!

Mother of Danger-Boy said...

I suppose I have a sharper critique towards servers, having been raised by one- but I definitely tip good servers, and well! (Math, %20 is EASY, lol)But I am not forgiving of basic things- attention, drinks, checking for cooked food before serving... :D

I actually tend to sneak a few more dollars in when I am out with old-fashioned family tipping at 3 or %4. The standard is at least %15, right??

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010