Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What to do??

So the job hunt has been sucking.....I was however offered another position with the company that I am with currently... The thing is I asked for more money and they BARELY met me half way. So I was pissed I called the husband and voiced my concerns. You know what the little bugger said? "Babe it was never about the money, you never complained about the money your only complaint that you even had with that place was your manager, why is the money an issue now?"

Yeah I hate it when he is right, So do I just shut up and accept the position and wait for something better? Stop looking and just be happy? Do I work out my notice till Friday and leave? I have also heard talks that although I have been offered the new position I will still be STUCK doing my old job and learning my new job until the end of MARCH!!!!

7 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Sorry the hunt isn't going well.

I say go with your gut as far as the offer is concerned.

Vi said...

Quit. You are better than that!

Anonymous said...

Here's another perspective. I'm not sure if this is the "dream job" you mentioned a few posts earlier... but if it is, I'd recommend you take the job. Regarding the pay... you could always negotiate with them. After doing research (find salary surveys for your job type) you could say that you know you should be making $x. However due to your interest in the position you'd be willing to work out a schedule with them to get you to that salary range. This would be dependant on meeting various objectives. Makes your job more interesting and focuses on things you'd like to do - plus works in a salary increase. It's win-win. And if the company doesn't follow through with the salary increase, you have great experience on your resume... a virtual guarantee for a great new job with the salary to match.

Anonymous said...

Be the Rock Star you are.
You know what you are worth so go after it.
TT

Magnolia Sun said...

Sometimes is so hard to decide what to do. Do you have any other prospects? If not maybe take the job they offered until you find something better. Of course it would suck having to stay where you are for another month. Good luck on the decision.

Random Musings said...

Whim- I am still so torn... UGG I hate this

Vi- I am certainly thinking about it

Anonymous- Yeah I did that.. I actually did the proposal for the "new" position when they were making the offer to someone else (that fell through) and with it being a "small" company and the consider the move lateral... I am screwed either way
Thank you for the great advice

Random Musings said...

T- Thanks...

Magnolia- Yeah I think that will be my choice.. we will see though

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010