Thursday, January 12, 2006

The hampster will not stop

So I suppose I should scale down and update once a day which I have been told is proper blog etiquette?
I am not normal and the hampster just keeps going on going.
Random Rant- WHAT IS WRONG WITH BIG BROTHER? BIG SISTER? (if you work there or know someone who does please help)
I called them before and emailed all my info paid my 25$ for the background check to become a Big Sister. I feel that I have all this time on my hands that I could do something good with it. Maybe influence a life. Be a companion/ trusted adult in a child's life. But because I am a Canadian Citizen they will not let me??
Does this make sense? I am in the US Legally.
I have no criminal background the FBI has my finger prints ( part of the immigration process to get a green card)
The US let me be here and you know they did there homework.
But because I am not a US citizen I can not be a big sister??
What am I going to do? Brain wash the child with my Canadian ways?
How does that work. So I called to get clarification. The lady was really nice and told me that "This seems strange let me look into this"
Do they assume because I have not children of my own that I am a threat?
I think its weird. We will see what she says about it.
Oh and I called The Red Cross (they let all the crazy people volunteer) and I may be getting sent out next week somewhere to help.

No comments:

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010