Friday, October 26, 2007

This was interesting...


I usually do not blog about anything political but I found this interesting....You can read about the story here.
The caption reads "Sexual Orientation is not a choice" and it has the people in Rome where the bill boards ans signs are plastered with there panties in a bunch.
I think this goes to show as a society how far we have come in terms of acceptance. I think its a great start anyways. I am not sure I would have gone with a picture of a baby but it certainly makes its point. Having grown up in Canada my whole life and being an active supporter of the gay community I think we have come leaps and bounds in the past few years. Canada is the 2nd country in the world adopting laws for same sex marriages. Who is the government to tell you who you can fall in love with and marry?
What do you think?

2 comments:

Daniele said...

Hey Random. Thanks for that, great campaign. I don't think the baby is inappropriate. What's inappropriate is the way a lot of people still feel about gays/lesbians and that there still have to be campaigns to defend sexual orientation.
I just went to my first 'gay wedding' in the UK and I'm so so happy that this couple, best friends of mine, who've been together for 15 years and have a perfect relationship, finally get a chance to make it recognized by law . Anything else is just plain silly.

Patty said...

I think if one looks at the divorce rate of the "chosen" heterosexual ones, and compairs it to the length of time committed gay/lesbian relationships tend to last they might have to admit that adversity has a way of making people stick together.

Those that live in glass houses...

 
This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010